Ryssarna har tagit det har med spänning in i det sista till en helt ny nivå. Följande mejl mottog min vän Carl C i dag, onsdagen den 21 november, alltså drygt en månad innan nyår.
This is to inform you of the schedule of New Year holidays now officially confirmed by the Government of the Russian Federation.
- 29 December (Saturday) is a normal working day. The duration of 29 December shall be reduced by one hour.
- 1 - 5 January are Public Holidays to celebrate the New Year. GRYMT Å VETA!
- 7 January is a public holiday - Christmas.
- 5 January which falls on Saturday will be carried over to 8 January (Tuesday)
- Therefore days from 30 December 2007 through 8 January 2008 will be days-off.
- 9 January will be the first working day in 2008 after the holidays.
- Also please note that December 12, 2007 is not a public holiday any more, it is a normal working day.
Enjoy the coming holidays!"